Salmon is one of the top ten foods for an anti-inflammatory diet due to its omega-3 fatty acids. This delicious recipe is a great way to add more salmon to your diet, since it cooks quickly and can be prepared easily on a busy weeknight. Serve this with roasted vegetables or a colorful salad for even more anti-inflammatory benefits.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
2 tablespoons safflower oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1½ pounds salmon
¼ cup fresh lime juice
Cilantro or fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Mix the safflower oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and honey together.
- Add the salmon to a dish and top with the sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly in oil and add the salmon and lime juice, along with any excess marinade from the glass dish.
- Cook the salmon for about five minutes, then flip.
- Continue cooking for another five minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F. Garnish with cilantro or fresh herbs if desired.