These bacon-and-cranberry stuffed mushrooms are a delicious appetizer for Thanksgiving or any holiday gathering! They are gluten-free and dairy-free, but can be adapted to include ¼ cup of cheese of your choice if desired. Be sure to make two batches if you’re serving a large crowd!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 20
2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 medium leek (white part only), diced
1 clove garlic, minced
5 strips cooked bacon, diced
? cup dried cranberries, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
1 egg, beaten
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
20 cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic and bacon and sauté for 5 minutes, until leeks are translucent.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add the cranberries, sage, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Use the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to grease a baking sheet. Arrange the mushrooms on the sheet and spoon the leek mixture into the mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Serve warm.