If you’re working alternatives to wheat pasta into your meals, you’ll definitely want to learn about Explore Asian’s line of bean pastas. Made entirely from beans, these ready-to-use noodles lend themselves to a variety of dishes, including this easy vegetarian curry. The black bean noodles used here give a big protein and fiber boost over traditional pastas.
Black Bean Pasta with Red Curry Sauce
1 packet (7.05 oz) of Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti (available at many natural products stores and at Amazon.com)
1½ cups of coconut cream
2 tablespoons of red curry paste
1½ tablespoons of grated ginger
2 teaspoons of coriander, chopped
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of ground pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 whole red pepper, sliced
1 whole yellow pepper, sliced
Plain yogurt for topping, if desired
- Boil 8 cups of water.
- Add spaghetti and simmer gently for 7–8 minutes or until cooked.
- Rinse under cold water.
- To make sauce, pour coconut cream, red curry paste, grated ginger and coriander into a pot and bring to a boil.
- To cook the peppers, warm them up with olive oil over medium heat and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Mix the spaghetti with the sauce and garnish with peppers and plain yogurt, if desired.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.