Who doesn’t love pumpkin cheesecake! This delicious version is quite healthy because it’s entirely vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened naturally with dates and pure maple syrup. It’s easy to make inside a muffin tin, but there’s no baking required! Enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea.
Prep time: 20 mins (+ 30 minutes for cashews to soak)
Cook time: 0 mins
Yield: Serves 6
1 cup raw cashews
½ cup raw pecans
4 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup pumpkin purée
? cup pure maple syrup (or more to taste)
- Add the cashews to a medium bowl and cover with water. Set aside and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Reserve 6 pecans for garnish and set aside. Add the remaining pecans and dates to a food processor and pulse until well incorporated and a paste has formed.
- Melt the coconut oil and use to grease the inside of 6 molds in a muffin tin. Press the pecan mixture into the molds to create a crust/bottom layer.Drain the water from the cashews and add them to a food processor, along with the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt, pumpkin purée and maple syrup. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer the mixture into the muffin tins and smooth the top with a spoon. Garnish each center with a pecan. Place in the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecakes from their molds, using a knife to scrape around the edges. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until serving.