Dandelion is known for helping the body’s natural detoxification process, and this detox iced tea is a wonderful way to support the liver and get your digestive juices flowing. Since dandelion tea can be a tad bitter, this recipe calls for a touch of honey or maple syrup for sweetness. Dandelion root tea can be found at any health-food store or online, and the tea can also be enjoyed hot if preferred.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 cups of filtered water
2 bags of roasted dandelion root tea
1 teaspoon Lemon Flavor Natural Calm
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 lemon, sliced
- Add the water to a small pot, cover and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- Add the tea bags and let the tea steep, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags of excess liquid and then remove from the pot.
- Stir in the Natural Calm and honey or maple syrup (if using).
- Fill two cups completely with ice, add the lemon slices and pour the tea over. Enjoy immediately.