The gentle scrubbing power of soft kaolin clay, along with sea salt and magnesium, makes this a super-healthy alternative to toothpaste. The powder is rich in minerals that are healthy for teeth and gums, and the added baking soda and sage whiten. This recipe may call for a lot of ingredients that you don’t have on hand; but once you do, they will go toward many batches of this tooth powder.
What you need
- ¼ cup Dead Sea salt (regular sea salt will also work)
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup Natural Vitality Natural Calm magnesium
- ¼ cup white kaolin cosmetic clay (available at most natural products stores)
- 30 drops of spearmint oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
1. Mix clay, baking soda and sea salt.
2. Grind down 1 tablespoon of sage. The best practice for this is with a mortar and pestle.
3. Mix all ingredients together and add 30 drops of essential oil and continue to mix.
4. Store in a mason jar.
5. To use, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of powder in the palm of your hand, then sprinkle on toothbrush and begin brushing.