Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
1 cup hazelnuts, skins removed
½ cup coconut cream (*see note)
2 tablespoons coconut nectar or agave nectar
3 teaspoons Natural Calm, Orange Flavor
300 grams dark chocolate (dairy-free), melted
- To remove the skins from the hazelnuts, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda and the nuts and boil them for 3 minutes. The water will turn black from the nut skins. Rinse the nuts well under cold running water, using your fingers to remove the skins.
- Then add hazelnuts, coconut cream, coconut nectar (or agave nectar) and Natural Calm to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Using a small silicone ice-cube tray or candy tray, fill the tray up with melted chocolate, about ? way up each cup. Then add ? of the hazelnut mix. Top with another ? of melted chocolate.
- You will likely make a mess here. Scrape the tops of the trays to remove excess ingredients.
- Transfer tray to the freezer and freeze for one hour, until hardened.
- Remove each of the truffles from the freezer and enjoy!
- Coconut cream: To prepare coconut cream, purchase a full-fat coconut milk (canned) and place in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Open the top of the can and remove the thick cream.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.
By Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit