The recipe for these tasty muffins replaces traditional wheat flour with almond meal, and the result is protein-packed tasty goodness perfect for a great breakfast, lunch or snacks treat. They make an ideal breakfast for kids on the go.
Protein-Power Almond Muffins
2½ cups of almond meal (or almond flour)
? cup of applesauce or ripe mashed bananas
¼ cup of almond butter
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
¼ cup of oats, almonds, walnuts, etc., optional
¾ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of real vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the honey, coconut oil, applesauce or bananas, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the almond meal and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Mix in almond butter and any additional ingredients, like nuts and oats.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons into each.
- Place muffins in oven for 15–19 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool.