Ice cream doesn’t have to have sugar, or dairy. In fact, it can be made with plant-based ingredients; and with a little Natural Vitality Natural Calm added in, it can bust through summer stress. Take a load off, sit in the sun, and restore your body’s healthy magnesium level with a bowl of fresh, sugar-free vanilla bean ice cream. Sugar- and Dairy-Free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 min
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup water
2 teaspoons Natural Vitality Natural Calm, Orange Flavor
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground vanilla bean (optional)
- Add cashews to a clean glass container. Cover with water (not the water listed in the recipe). Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Once complete, strain and rinse.
- Add soaked cashews, 1 cup of water, Natural Calm and vanilla extract to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container and add in ground vanilla bean, if using. Cover, shake and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Consume immediately, or transfer to a chilled container and freeze for 2 hours for harder scoops. If using in ice-cream sandwiches, freeze for 2 hours and sandwich between these Vegan Chocolate-Cake Donuts.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.