Everyone loves ice-cream sandwiches, but the processed ingredients and artificial flavors don’t do your body any favors. Whip up a batch of these dairy-free, animal-free, grain-free donuts and use as a base for the tastiest, healthiest, feel-good ice-cream sandwiches your body has ever had. Made with Natural Vitality Osteo Calm, they’ll be contributing to healthy bone growth the natural way.
Vegan Chocolate Donut “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1 cup + 6 tablespoons chickpea flour
? cup coconut sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup Natural Vitality Osteo Calm
½ cup water
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil two medium-sized donut pans with cooking spray, or oil with a dab of coconut oil. Do not skip this step! Set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until boiling.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry-ingredients bowl and stir with a spoon until mixed. Set aside for 3 minutes to thicken.
- Transfer donut batter to a piping bag or large plastic bag and clip the end. Pipe the batter into each donut cavity, making a total of 10 donuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11–13 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before flipping over and tapping the back of the donut pan. The donuts should pop out easily. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely, about an hour.
- Use as the sandwich pieces to vegan and grain-free ice-cream sandwiches. Get the Sugar-Free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe . Once sandwiches are assembled, they can be eaten immediately or stored in an airtight container for up to one week. When ready to consume, remove from the freezer and let the sandwiches thaw for 5–10 minutes.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.